A review is basically an article that produces a detailed evaluation of a particular product. Reviews establish all the pros and cons of the product and the buyer ought to refer to it before buying a product of any kind. These reviews help the buyer take a well informed decision and choose the product best suited for him or her. Nowadays different items are reviewed such as electrical appliances, vehicles, houses, restaurants, hotels and so on. Nowadays, movies are also reviewed. A star system or rating system is developed. The product or movie being reviewed is given points or stars, which may be out of 5 or 10. Relative merit can also be established with the help of the rating system. Items with high ratings are usually considered better than those with relatively less ratings.
Different aspects covered by a review:
A review is a detailed description that includes the following aspects
- The advantages or the benefits of using the product should be mentioned in the review.
- The disadvantages of the product should also be mentioned by the person writing the review. If the disadvantages are not mentioned, the review might be considered asbias towards the product.
- The design of the product and the looks of the item should also be discussed.
- Size and shape are other aspects that are discussed in the review.
- The performance is one major aspect that must be covered in the review. Looks may be important but performance is always the major aspect.
- The price is also discussed in the review. This section helps the buyer decide whether the product is worth the price or not before purchasing.
Reviews are available indifferent languages for people from different parts of the world speaking different languages.Most of these reviews are available online, on different websites. Some online shopping sites have a special feedback forum where the users of the products give their experience with the products and honest feedbacks.
The best feedback is obtained from a previous user of the product itself. The user has been using the product and is aware of the different good and bad aspects of the product and he or she is in the best position to decide whether the product was worth buying or no.
Nowadays, social media platforms are used to publish the reviews. With the growing craze and popularity of social media, these reviews are successfully spreading far and wide in each nook and corner of the world.Nowadays, reviews are bought by different products. In this case, the observer or the reviewer formulates a bias reportof the product. This should however, be avoided as it misleads the readers, who are on the look out for genuine help and aid. The job of a reviewer is a very serious one and the observations must be made with great care and precision.