Statistically, bathrooms are the number one place which homeowners like to renovate, surprisingly even more than their kitchens and bedrooms. Thus, it involves a lot of planning and carefulness while execution. As it is an integral part of your home décor and is visible to most of the people who visit your home, this job shouldn’t be neglected by you. Hence, knowing properly what to do and how to do is a necessary step. Here are some of the essential tips and tricks which may help one to execute one’s bathroom renovation properly without any errors:
- Plan the Process in Advance: Planning is an essential first step of every major decision on takes in everyday life. Similarly, when attempting a bathroom renovation, one should plan well in advance and cautiously so that there is no error in the foundation step. These plans will help you to get the pricing and the budgets correctly. This will help you in the long run so that you don’t make any expensive errors in the planning process only. You need to look for every small details, starting from the wall décor, to the internal space utilization, setting up of cabinetry and then even the changing of lights.
- Try to use the Existing Piping System: If your existing piping systems are working correctly without much damages or leakages, then you must consider using the same for some more years to utilize its full lifetime performance. This step will help you to save considerable amount of money because the plumbing fixtures cost a lot. Also, it will be easier to add better quality bathtubs or showers as the saved money could be used in a better manner. This could also make the process of renovation a bit shorter as the pipelines wouldn’t need to be changed. If you have a damaged or corroded pipe, then you can call in an emergency plumber to get the channels, sewage lines and the flush lines fixed.
- Wall Protection and Beautification: One of the major reasons why we decide to renovate any part of our homes is because we want to enhance its beauty and get it more lifetime by proper strengthening. The same goes for the process of bathroom renovation. Also, adding an extra coat of oil paint will prevent the walls to be discolored or damaged in the future because of moisture. Hence, this should be taken care of during the process. Try to incorporate painting solutions that are sturdy, and that are non-toxic and that gives you the ultimate value for your money, after home renovation.
- Let There be Sufficient Lighting: Having proper lighting in a bathroom is what all of us prefer. None of us like shady or dark bathrooms where we cannot clearly see half of the things. So, add a sufficient amount of lightings in your bathroom even if there is enough sunlight coming in too. This could be around the dressing mirror apart from the traditional tube lights and the bulbs. This should be one of your priorities to do things during the bathroom renovation process.
- Don’t Replace the Pot: Another simple way to save some bucks is to not to replace the toilet pot in the bathroom. To give it a fresh look, you can just replace its lit and seat cover and it will look as good as a new one. This will save you a lot of money and also the plumbing costs that would come with it.
These are some of the basic tips and tricks while having a bathroom renovation in your home. Call in the professionals to get an idea about the templates and also customize if necessary.